Saturday, December 1, 2012

The sweetest "I love you"

I really have nothing new to blog about!  But, I thought I'd share a small prayer request.  I've been battling a cough/runny nose for a while now and I REALLY hope I'm better by the time I go home.  I need to be able to hold sweet Hudson, but his immune system is really low with the medicine he's on so I NEED TO GET BETTER!

I also thought I'd briefly write about a little conversation I had with one of my students this past week.  I already had a facebook status about it so you may have seen it.  I'm sure I'll come back and read my blogs someday, so I want to have a record of it!

There was one day when my bag was sitting kind of open at school and Lynnie noticed I have two phones, so she asked me why.  I told her one was so I could text people at home and one was so I could text people here.  I can't remember what exactly was said after that, but it got around to me telling her that I'd be going home soon, which I think Jhing has already told the class.

In her phrasing, she said, "But you will come here first so I will make you a card?"  That's what they did for Luke Russell before he and his family moved to Panay.  I said yes (I'll be at school a few times before I leave :)) and then I told her I would miss them all so much when I leave.  Curious what she would say, I asked, "Do you think you'll miss me too?"

She said yes, paused a moment, and said, "...because I love you."

Lynnie isn't the brightest or most well-behaved student in my class, but from the day I got here she has been the most affectionate towards me.  Her father volunteers at the school sometimes with odds and ends and also has a son in kindergarten.  I've learned that he treats his son like he walks on the moon, and I don't think Lynnie receives quite as much attention.  I'm thankful I've been able to share my love with Lynnie and I really hope especially that she has learned of God's love.

Here are some pictures of all of my precious students!

Mathew

Divine, front left, is Jhing's daughter and was just visiting.  Next is Chloe, Jamal, Eden, and Justine.

Theresa

Mark

BJ (back), Kianne, and Lynnie

Lance and Aivic.  Love this picture!

Aina Rose

Von Sandrix

No comments:

Post a Comment